It comes as quite a surprise to me, but I was nominated for a Liebster Award. I would like to send a big thank you to Falling in Love with Words for nominating me. I really love the idea of the Liebster award. Bloggers nominate other bloggers who they believe deserve recognition kind of like a chain letter that you don’t mind receiving.
I’ve already found several great new blogs to follow.
The basic gist is the following:
- Thank you the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. Make sure you inform them.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
Here are Falling in Love with Words’ questions for me.
- What are some of your favourite books?
Anything William Shakespeare, To Kill a Mockingbird, Soon I Will be Invincible, Fight Club, the list could go on and on.
- Where is your favourite place to read?
In bed under the covers.
- In your opinion, what is the most well done book to movie adaptation you’ve seen?
Of Mice and Men with Gary Sinise and John Malkovich.
- If you could be any character from a book what character would you choose?
Part of me wants to try and be someone from my childhood memories like Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Matilda but I’d probably be Deadpool instead. I love breaking fourth wall.
- What’s your favourite tv show?
Castle or Modern Family.
- A book you actually enjoyed but wanted to hate?
Moby Dick. I had to read it for class and was sure I would find it tedious but was pleasantly surprised.
- What is the most disappointing ending to a book or series that you read?
Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland. Don’t make me fall in love with a world and then tell me it was just a dream.
- Watch the movie or read the book first?
Always read the book first.
- If you could have dinner with any of the fictional characters from books, movies or tv shows, who would it be and why?
Sherlock Holmes. I think it would be fun to start a battle of the wits with him, and then inevitably lose.
- Do you ever skip to the end to see what happens?
I do and I always regret it.
- Why do you read?
I love living in the imaginations of other people.
Here’s the truly fun part for me, my nominees.
And my questions to them are…
- What is one of your favorite book quotes?
- Favorite book to re-read.
- What fictional universe would you want to live in?
- One book at a time or multiple books at once.
- What book are you looking forward to reading?
- Paperback or Hardcover?
- What is the first book you remember reading?
- Do you smell your books?
- What book did you give up on without finishing (if you’ve ever done such a thing)?
- What is your favorite article you’ve blogged so far?
- Which character from literature would you slap if you had a chance?