This question is inspired by Amanda Nelson’s article on Book Riot, S**t Book Snobs Say: Translations. Have you said any of the following phrases?
- E-reading isn’t REAL reading.
- Making crafts out of old books is a DESECRATION!
- I only read prize-winners/confirmed classics *sniff*.
- Oh, I’ve never heard of that book. Was it reviewed in the NYT/on NPR?
- I would never read the tripe that is Twilight/50 Shades/Oprah’s Book Club selection, and I am going to tweet that statement 50 million times.
- The book is always better than the movie, no exceptions.
If you have, you might be a book snob.