A while back I wrote an article titled 18 Writer Worries that dealt with some of those issues that plague writers. Since it’s around the time when people start thinking about New Year’s resolutions, I thought it would be great to come up with a few resolutions readers out there might choose.
1) I resolve to not start a book series in the middle.
2) I resolve to not spoil the ending of any book or series no matter how high my excitement level.
3) I resolve to not get disappointed when people don’t read the books I recommend.
4) I resolve to use bookmarks for bookmarks.
5) I resolve to not shelf judge my friends. Unless their shelves are empty. I’m judging that.
6) I resolve to not wig out when someone borrows a book and doesn’t return it.
7) I resolve to not reorganize my bookshelves more than three times a month.
8) I resolve to not be genre exclusive.
9) I resolve to not breakdown when the movie isn’t exactly like the book.
10) I resolve to not fall for the lie one page more when I know I mean one chapter more and I really read to the end.
11) I resolve to not freak out if someone pronounces the character’s name in a book wrong! Yes, I know my way is right.
12) I resolve to limit how often I laugh out loud because I remembered something funny that happened in a book.
13) I resolve to not outwardly react when someone says they don’t read.
14) I resolve to pull myself away from my book to eat, drink, bathe, etc. (But not sleep… never sleep).
15) I resolve to not fall for Mr. or Mrs. Write.
16) I resolve to not race someone who is reading the same book as me. I read to read, not to win.
17) I resolve to not let what happens in my book determine my emotional state.
18) I resolve to not panic when I finish my book.
If you think of any more reader resolutions please share them in the comments below.